Documentation of memory
The exception class thrown when the alignment exceeds the supported maximum, i.e.
it is bigger than
max_alignment(). It is derived from bad_allocation_size but does not override the handler.
|using||handler = void(*)(const allocator_info &info, std::size_t passed, std::size_t supported)|
|The type of the handler called in the constructor of bad_allocation_size. More...|
|static handler||set_handler (handler h)|
|static handler||get_handler ()|
|bad_alignment (const allocator_info &info, std::size_t passed, std::size_t supported)|
|const char *||what () const noexcept override|
|const allocator_info &||allocator () const noexcept|
|std::size_t||passed_value () const noexcept|
|std::size_t||supported_value () const noexcept|
The type of the handler called in the constructor of bad_allocation_size.
When a bad allocation size is detected and the exception object created, this handler gets called. It is especially useful if exception support is disabled. It gets the allocator_info, the size passed to the function and the supported size (the latter is still an upper bound).
- Required Behavior:
- It can log the error, throw a different exception derived from
std::bad_allocor abort the program. If it returns, this exception object will be created and thrown.
- Default Behavior:
- On a hosted implementation it logs the error on
stderrand continues execution, leading to this exception being thrown. On a freestanding implementation it does nothing.
- Just forwards to bad_allocation_size.
count * size,
supportedthe size in bytes.
- A static NTBS that describes the error. It does not contain any specific information since there is no memory for formatting.
- The allocator_info passed to it in the constructor.
- The size or alignment value that was passed to the allocation function which was too big. This is the same value passed to the constructor.
- An upper bound on the maximum supported size/alignment. It is only an upper bound, values below can fail, but values above will always fail.
Generated by 1.8.12